Selecting The Best AC Unit
The best air conditioner for your home can translate to a more comfortable stay, a lower electricity bill and a better overall experience.
You shouldn’t settle for anything less than the best so here’s what you need to know before deciding on what is the appropriate AC unit for your current needs:
– Capacity: knowing the right tonnage of an AC is important as it reduces electrical consumption and improves performance. For large homes (3+ bedrooms) choose units with capacities above 12,000 BTUs;
– EER/Energy Efficiency Ratio: iIf you plan on saving money on your monthly energy bills then make sure that the AC unit you purchase has a high EER (energy efficiency ratio). Units with low EER should be avoided as they are less efficient;
– Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER): The higher the SEER rating, the more energy efficient the unit is. Units with SEER ratings of 13 or above are considered really efficient;
– BTU/British Thermal Unit: This measures the amount of heat an AC unit can remove in one hour, so check out this before investing in a new AC to ensure it has enough capacity.
– Noise Levels: Check noise levels before making your decision because some units produce noise that may interfere with your experience at home. Lower decibel readings translate into better performance and comfort.
The Advantage Of Investing To An Expensive AC Unit
Most people are concerned with how much an air conditioner unit will cost them. How long it will last, how quickly it cools down the home are all factors that can be considered when making a decision on whether or not to buy a more expensive AC unit.
When you consider these things, investing in an expensive AC unit is actually best for most homes because they usually last longer and provide better cooling over time. This results in lower operating costs which ultimately saves you money in the end.
The reason why more expensive brands usually last longer is because of their durability design. These units have more advanced parts made of thicker materials that withstand stress better than cheaper brands, so they don’t as easily. Cheaper models aren’t meant to be moved often or handled roughly which can put stress on parts and cause them to fail.
Consulting With An AC Expert For Advice
When it comes to choosing the best air conditioning unit for your home, it can be very helpful to consult with an air conditioning installation and repair professional. Hiring a professional will allow you to take advantage of everything they have learned over years of experience. An AC contractor understands how to make sure that your home’s air conditioner is properly sized and designed, which is essential in making sure that it doesn’t break down or under perform. A knowledgeable contractor can provide advice on the latest models available and help you understand all of their features so you know what is right for your home.
A professional also has access to tools such as blower door testers and gas analyzers, allowing them to find out how much insulation is needed. You don’t waste money by installing too much in areas that don’t need it. And, in the summer when your air conditioner is working overtime, they can also help you find ways to keep it running smoothly for as long as possible with routine maintenance.